We might know it but we might be in danger of asbestos poisoning, that is why we need some professional help from experts like http://www.asbex.co.nz. What might surprise us is that asbestos could poison us more than we ever know.
We might never know we are already at risk then it would already be too late. However, it is always a case to case basis. We have to know the situation first before we take some action. We need to have a proper knowledge about what to when situations arise. In a lot of cases, we need not panic because there is something that we could do about the situation. We need not panic especially if there is no major damaged to our property that asbestos might still be left untouched.
Our ceilings and walls might still be in good condition so we need not panic as long as it shows that is has no single sign of falling apart. However, if we think we are in danger of asbestos poisoning, we should not touch any of them and we just have to leave them alone. We will just wait until professional help arrives. Until then, we must not do anything.